Saturday, June 30, 2012

I feel like I'm the personification of stress right now.

The first month is over. And there are still four months left before the semester ends. I'm so tired that I feel like the semester is almost over. I'm not even half-way there! Every day is a busy day, seriously. I don't even have time to bring my clothes to laundry service. I go home late and I go to school early. My body feels so used. And I have this problem in coping with stress, it started just this month. I'm trying so hard to break the habit. Maybe I should switch to ice cream instead.

Thesis. My adviser is asking too much from my thesis. I don't even know where to start. And I have three unidentified specimens. I hope they're new species :>

Org stuff. 'Nuff said.

Cell biology, animal physiology, plant systematics. They're killing me. I can't wait to graduate and leave for med school. I want a fresh start. A reset. No history.

I'm thinking of getting a planner because I have so many deadlines to beat. Every week I have at least two things to submit or accomplish. But I scrapped that idea of getting myself a planner because (1) so far, I have never missed a deadline and (2) I don't want my life planned. I mean, I have plans - go to med school, travel around the world, have Siberian huskies. It's just that I feel my whole life has been planned since I was little and all I get to decide are minor ones like which courses to take this semester, what to wear today, who to be friends with. With a planner, I'll feel even more pressured. I just need a little spontaneity, that's all.

You know what, it's funny I still have time to think about other things with all those deadlines in my head. I still get the chance to stop and spare a thought for you. Maybe I'll just study more and get better than average grades. Or maybe jog around the campus to lose all the weight I accumulated from stress-eating/drinking. Maybe write a story or learn a new song in the piano. I don't know. Anything to fill those gaps in my clock. Because lately I have been longing to find someone to talk/rant to after each stressful day. Oh wait. There's Frank.

1 comment:

  1. Go get a planner! :) It's not just for remembering deadlines and stuff, it can also serve as a "rant" notebook. I carry it with me everytime along with my colored pens. Whenever I feel stressed or think of something (be it school-related or some random thought that crossed my mind on a rainy afternoon), I'd doodle/write it down. Sometimes I'd even jot down how I felt after seeing a quiz or test result! :)) It really helps. HAHA. You'll be surprised how much emotions (or how fast you switched from happy to sad to angry to whatever) you can feel in a day. Andddd make sure you write with colored pens in order to break the "monotony" of every day.

    Not only will it remind you of the stuff you need to do. More importantly, it will also show you how much you've accomplished and that alone will make you feel less guilty, say, when you decide to take a time off on a Friday night :)

    Goodluck! :)

    ReplyDelete